Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

A Time Goes By...Willem Dafoe







We all get older and sometimes it's necessary to make that happen a little faster. For creating the illusion of altered age I combined hard lines with a brown eyeliner pencil and shading with small brush strokes of my shadow. I like the end result because it was not too muddy but it was also definitive enough to show myself looking older in either a medium house or an intimate setting. I had difficulty making my tracing paper rendering of my face with age drawn in translate onto my face and not look overly harsh. So I tried adding more highlight to the areas around where I wanted the shadows to be more defined. This worked especially well in my forehead and overall I was pleased with the result. There are also a few pictures where the lazy eye phenomenon appears again.

4 comments:

  1. Matt Leslie!!! I am so IMPRESSED! This is suberb! I love everything about it... You truly look old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so realistic the highlights and shadows really set the wrinkles in the skin. awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom was looking at my blog this weekend and clicked on your name and said "oh my god he looks so old" so I guess it's safe to say you did a good job. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt, this is so great. I love your expressions!!! The smile is my favorite. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete